Haynes & Garthwaite Architects

Cornish Restoration

Restoration of a classical house, studio, gardens and grounds designed by Charles Platt in 1896 for a member of the Cornish Colony. After years of neglect, the renovations restored the simple elegance of the original spaces. New work was undertaken with the same materials, details and themes as the original to preserve and honor Platt’s work while accommodating a modern lifestyle.