This historic village home had few alterations in its history, but had become dilapidated. The details and character of the c.1830 Greek Revival cape were restored while the ell was substantially re-planned to create an open flow linking the living spaces. The kitchen has become the focus of the house receiving natural light from both east and west. New bathrooms were connected to each of the three bedrooms as well as the guest suite. The new construction extended the clean, classic lines of the original house. The building’s systems were updated and improved insulation resulted in a convenient and comfortable home.