This distinguished 1810 historic village residence was renovated so the living spaces engage the beautiful garden and extensive grounds that slope to the Ottaquechee River. The large paneled family room creates the new casual living space that the home once lacked. The master bedroom suite was relocated from the street front to the quiet rear of the house. The bathrooms were modernized in sympathy with the character of the house. The barn was transformed from inconvenient forgotten space into comfortable and private guest quarters while celebrating the existing structure and rustic materials. Salvaged, recycled and new materials were combined to extend the warm, historic atmosphere of the house.